Total Pageviews

Friday, April 25, 2008

******PLEASE GIVE THIS YOUR IMMEDIATE ATTENTION*****

I received this from a colleague of mine 20 minutes ago...

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""




In the 2007, the 'artist' Guillermo Vargas Habacuc, took a dog from the
>
> >street, he tied him to a rope in an art gallery, starving him to death.

For several days, the 'artist' and the visitors of the exhibition have
> >watched emotionless the shameful 'masterpiece' based on the dog's
> >agony, until eventually he died. Does it look like art to you?
> >
> >But this is not all ... the prestigious Visual Arts Biennial of the
> >Central American decided that the 'installation' was actually art, so
> >that Guillermo Vargas Habacuc has been invited to repeat his cruel
> >action for the biennial of 2008.
> > >
> > Let's STOP HIM!!!!!
> > >
> >Click on the following link :
> >http://www.petitiononline.com/ea6gk/petition-sign.html
> > >
> >> or
> >>
> > > http://www.petitiononline.com/13031953/petition.html or just copy
> >it in your browser to sign a petition to stop him to do it again, then
> >digit the name Guillermo Vargas Habacuc to find the petition to sign.
> > >
> >Please also send this e-mail to as many contact as you can... Let's
> >stop him!!!
> > >
> >If you want to double check all the above information you can google
> >the name of the 'artist' to see all I have just said corresponds to
> >truth.
> > >
> > > Thank you
>
END


My colleague tells me it's disgusting and I believe her. I just can't look - I'm unsure I'd be able to control my response.

...Frankly, my cynicism evokes doubt that it'll have any effect at all - these things rarely stop the machine, but...if even a chance...I've lived with two of these beloved animals for eight years. Nothing deserves this - except the MF "artist", his paymasters and every MF there who looks on.

"Oh daaarling, I just lovvve the way he creates the torment of the beast".

...Yeah, I'd beat that motherfucker to death!



Setting my rage aside; please give it your attention. Imagine it was your dog.

Thank you.

Muttars

10 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

What a thoroughly sadistic prat. Does he get paid for this art? I think things are bad but someone always comes up with something worse. This does not only shock me --it disgusts me. If anyone did that to my lovely dog I would swing for him. I hope he and his supporters meet an ignominious end---I'll help!!

mutters said...

The most shocking thing is that I'm not surprised. That we hold ourselves in such superiority to all other life would depress me if I allowed it.
And as I've mentioned before, it is this that defines us - not love.

My only defence to despair is my total disregard for society's values. That's not to say I'm a hermit or anything I'm...just proudly and vocally irreverent of the "be nice to each other" aspiration. At least on the surface (especially on TV); harbour whatever malicious thoughts you like in the privacy of your mind, but for God's sake - be nice!

Aka: my F**k you attitude.

Hey! You (society) permit this...and I'll act how I like. Don't make the mistake of thinking what's good for the goose, ISN'T good for the gander.

Jayne :) said...

Is this ABSOLUTELY for real Mutters? I only ask because it wouldn't be the first time some sick bastard circulated this sort of stuff for some sick perverted reason known only by himself?

That said - you do, of course, have my unconditional support. I will sign the petition and pass it on it you would be so kind as to email it to me :)

I heard an excellent thing this morning BTW - it seems that Sweden is now making all potential pet owners get a permit to own a pet. I believe they have to prove their ability to properly care for and support one before they can get the permit. Now that HAS to be a step in the right direction!

Jayne :)

Unknown said...

Ref. Jayne's comment about a permit to own a pet--in my part of the world everyone is supposed to have a license before he or she may own a dog--doesn't work---people ignore ths and get away with it.
I have a license and --because my name is in the system-- I receive an annual reminder. If I don't comply I get fined!!!

mutters said...

I can only submit, Jayney, that I trust the person from whom it was received. The author also suggests if you doubt the veracity, to google the name of the fucker (artist).
Copy and paste the link in the text and it'll take ye straight to it. Otherwise send me you addy and I'll forward the actual email. Mind ye - what's on the blog IS the actual email - verbatim (errors and all).

Gladiola: I'm not sure having a licence would've saved this wee dog but I suppose it's a start...

But don't forget - we're humans. Nothing - NOTHING is beyond our manipulation. We rule! Badly it has to be said. I gave my two a belly rub when I got this. All I can really do is ensure my Boys are cared for.

I (and my furry friends) thank you both for your support.

Jayne :) said...

I googled and read - I was horrified, disgusted and angry! Angry at the perpetrator, yes, but even more angry at the people who went and saw this 'artistic' display and did nothing to stop it!

Humanity is sick!

I have signed the petition and passed it on Mutters. I have also posted it on the boards at Helium in the hope that at least some of the members might read and sign too!

Jayne :)

mutters said...

I haven't been able to look - nothing distresses my more than animals suffering and to do this in the name of art...
I've always looked upon artists with a certain humour - White birds on a white background sorta thing - loada shit!
But this...new depths, and fierce contempt replaces humour in this case.
Thanks for the support, Jayney. How's sunny England?

morgetron said...

Snopes says it's undetermined, but there is a picture there.

Oh my God Mutters. I am crying.

I hate this.

mutters said...

I've no intention of looking. I can't.

I'm just disgusted. What sort of black heart must this mf have?