Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

HELLOOOOOO, POLLYEEEEEE!!!!!!!

I've been communicating lately with a customer service person by the name of Polly. (Full name withheld obviously).

Python fans will recognise the title of this post immediately. And myself, being one such fan, did too, the first time I greeted the woman with the immortal words.

And now, every time I greet the woman, I'm reminded of Cleese and Palin in the famous Parrot sketch. Cleese swinging the, blue Norweigan I think, by the feet, banging it off the counter while loudly speaking, "Hellooooo, Pollyeeeee. Wakey, wakey".
Hahaha, oh man...priceless.

And leads to...

That, my friend, is a dead parrot. Deceased; bereft of life.

No it's not...it's sleeping!

Honestly, if you want to get anywhere in life, you have to complain til you're blue in the face!

Annnnyway...I'll never think of "Polly" the same way again.

2 comments:

Spoony Quine said...

Is she lazy or something?

And who on earth names their kid Polly, anyway?

Anonymous said...

Perhaps it is short for--wait for it----POLYGON!!!!!