Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 20, 2008

HEH HEH, THIS MADE ME LAUGH/SPLUTTER/NEARLY DIE ON THE STREET

I have a cold/virus/flu type thing that's making me feel pretty rough.Runny nose, sore throat/muscles/head etc.

But trooper that Muttars is, he struggles on - that and the fact he needs the money!

Anyway, what has this to do with making you laugh I hear you ask (very faintly and in fact maybe you're not asking - maybe you're not even here - maybe I'm just pretending I have readers...anyway). *Can we get on with it?Ed.*

Righto, so, I'm out walking the Boys in my usual spot. This usual spot sees us pass a particu;lar tree that must house a family of tweety birds who protest vehemently to our presence in the form of "divebombing" Scoob and tweeting loudly (awww, it's so cute). At the start Scoob didn't realise and would crane his neck this way and that to see where the noise was coming from. Didn't take long to figure out and soon he was prepared for the assault.
To the point that now he'll chase the tweety birds every time and here we get to the bit that saw me laughing/spluttering/nearly dying on the street.
It has rained a lot recently here and the ground is sodden and very slippery. The big fella obviously didn't notice as he rocketed after the wee bird, which was wheeling and sailing through the air in their inimitable fashion (birds in flight amaze me - I truly find it a wonder and why I'm disgusted at anyone putting them in a cage).
So Scoob takes off full pelt on the sodden grass, chasing after the wee bird which he has no chance of catching. The bird which seems to me is having fun suddenly turns sharply and Scoob tries to follow but the ground gives way and he loses all traction from his front end hoho.
Straight into the dirt face first he goes hahaha, with an audible "unnnngh".

I immediately start to howl with laughter, quickly followed by a coughing fit that drops me to my knees as the dreaded lurgy reminds me that its not yet ready to leave me despite my prone attempt to eject it from my chest.

Think maybe Scoob had the last laugh.

9 comments:

morgetron said...

I know I'm laughing.

-J

mutters said...

Well that's why I'm here - to amuse you all!

Jayne :) said...

Back on line at last and just thought I'd pop on over to see what you've been up Mutters me mate?

Did you get your house and settle down into normality - or at least as normal as a Mutters can be? Love to hear you latest news :)

Jayne :)

mutters said...

Heeeyyyy Jayney, How've y'been? I haven't got a house as yet but an offer has been accepted just days ago so...fingers crossed.
As I write, however, I'm still sans home as it were and as such am still living in the back of my ute (5 months and counting).
Apologies for my tawdriness in contact but as you can I'm sure imagine life has been...full, busy, hectic even. On top of the homeless situation I also have a corporate bastard kicking me while I'm down and have had to expend time and energy fighting then off (see the post about Austar).
But I still have my health etc so...life's ok.
How are you my friend - have the dreaded mozzies let you be? They have grown into super mozzies here on account of all the rain lately. For the first time ever, I was actually followed by one for about 20 feet hoho - wee bastard! I say wee - but in truth they seem to have become bigger, strippier and more agressive.
Anyway, life's ok - how is yours?

M

Jayne :) said...

Well no mossies and no bloody flies either - one of the good aspects of life back in jolly old England :)

We're settling in and have finally got a more permanent rental - if you can call 6 months permanent? It's a MINUTE house but is quite quaint in an English sort of way. Check out my blog - I'm trying to keep everyone up to date on progress as often as I can.

Be back soon :)
Jayne :)

Spoony Quine said...

` Wow. I almost drownded once, too!

mutters said...

Good ole Blighty, eh Jayney? Sweet. How long y'there for? Bet it's changed a bit since you were last there (a lot more Towelheads if the reports I've heard are to be believed - something like 4 in 10 births they say).
Whereabouts?

Jayne :) said...

It's a life changing continental shift Mutters :) Hopefully we will find and buy a little house in due course - which basically means when we have been here long enough to have got into debt so that they can check our credit ratings! Weird place this!?

We're in Eastbourne - we bought a small computer business which my first born is running (he better makes loads of cash!) and plan to retire gracefully somewhere around here. Well as gracefully as I am able - this should be good for a laugh!

mutters said...

Haha - can just see it, Jayney; sitting like the Queen of England whilst the workers earn hoho. Great stuff (I KNEW kids had a purpose!)

Jolly old Blighty. Glad you've got settled (to a degree at least).

Take care.