Total Pageviews

Monday, December 24, 2007

MERRY... CHRISTMAS/ XMAS/ HOLIDAY/ DAY THAT'S KINDA SPECIAL BUT CAN'T BE OPENLY DISCUSSED

Christmas time again. Phew! Where'd the year go? Wasn't it Christmas yesterday?

Anyway, another week and it'll all be over for another year. As I write, I still haven't secured a home. I was close three times (or so I thought) but for a variety of reasons it fell through so here I am, in my spot. Quite a nice spot actually - with peace and quiet I've been unable to find without paying half a mil or travelling a million hours from my work.

But LICS as they say (well, as I say at least...)

A matter of some concern to me is the pay TV provider, Austar, who, seemingly unaware (or simply uncaring) of the season have 'set the dogs on me'. The dogs in this case are the fine people of a debt collection agency with the help of their vicious lawyers.
They have threatened my credit rating; a rating it has to be said I've literally starved to protect. Now some corporate scum is trying to smear it. Well, not without a fight.
To reiterate my case:-

I became homeless. I told Austar that despite not having a TV and therefore being unable to actually watch their programs, I was still prepared to pay the monthly charge until such times I found accommodation. Then, when I DID find somewhere, I would just simply place a call and they could reconnect me over the phone at the enormous cost of...well, nothing to them, and probably 3-5 minutes on the phone for me (which comprises a woman telling me that my call is important to her and that I'm next in the queue, coupled with some 'trolley music' to further torture me!)
Nope - not good enough for Austar. It seems that I MUST actually watch TV or else they'll disconnect. Does that mean I have to video myself watching TV with time/date code?
I tell them - "I have no TV...because I have no home, so I can't actually watch your channels". I remind them again, "Because I have no home - i.e. I'm homeless". At the same time I'm staggered at their refusal to understand. Again I tell them, "Still, regardless of my current living arrangements, I'm willing to pay the monthly amount. You'll still get your money - what's the problem here?"
They simply refused to discuss it and handed alleged debt to their collectors who as I say, set their lawyers on me,

I, in turn, have contacted three consumer advocacy agencies with my ace in the pack being my homelessness (Austar or their denizens can't find me).

Don't know how this is going to play but one thing is certain, I will fight this to the end on behalf of all who have been fucked over by the corporate world.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

People as individuals do not exist anymore--just a number!

Some blockhead has not yet worked out how to reprogramm his--obviously not "her's---computer--(It is always the computer's fault--never the dumbell who actually programs it) in order to sort out your problem.
Is "Advocacy similar to Citizens' Advice bureau in the U.K?

They have always been most helpful in any problems we have had.

Unknown said...

I spelt "programs" as a verb--the american way just to make your day!

mutters said...

Aw look G, if I was a new customer of six months or something, I could understand, but I'm not - I'm a customer of 7+ years who's paid to them some 6500 dollars (for 40 odd channels - only about 7 of which I actually watch!)
This is corporate bastardry pure and simple and I'm not havin it - also pure and simple.

Btw, just quietly - you also erred with 'reprogramm'. One 'm' or an additional 'e'?

Appreciate your concern. Feel free to relate your disgust. Austar will be referred here.

morgetron said...

Dear Austar,

You are an uncaring corporate beast with no regard for decency. Have you no humanity? I cannot think of anyone in the history of cable/satellite service who would be willing to pay for their cable service despite the fact that they had no television nor a place to watch a television, with the exception of Mutters. Yet, you have no appreciation for that. You've referred him to your collection agency?

Absurd.

Repugnant.

Excuse me while I puke on your heads, Austar.

You remind me of plenty of American companies. *That* should tell you something.

-Morgetron

(Hello Mutters.)

mutters said...

It IS outrageous, isn't it, Morg. Scandalous behaviour. Here's why...

If they charge me a cancellation fee, then they can charge me a REconnection fee, (That's assuming I'll use the service again - which after this, of course I won't. They're not the only pay TV provider around!)
MFs.

(Hello Morgy - thanks for your support, mate).