Total Pageviews

Friday, October 19, 2007

I was flicking through the daily rag yesterday and came across another piece claiming that obesity is killing more people than tobacco products.

So, I'll ask again - when are we going to see the same kind of disgusting images we get on tobacco packets on fast food wrappers.

Pictures of fat-clogged arteries; of behemoth-sized people too wrapped in obesity to move?

Fair's fair - if we smokers are forced to view such images of rotten teeth, amputation etc. Then why should a group now apparently responsible for costing health systems billions the world over, not be faced with the same.

Talk about a witch hunt! Smokers unite! Here at my blog you're welcome (and you can freely smoke without being treated like a leper.

3 comments:

morgetron said...

I don't smoke, but I respect your right to do so.

I'm not obese, but I respect your right to get there.

KB said...

Should be harsher warnings on alcohol bottles too.

WARNING drinking may cause...well there are too mnay to list but one that springs to mind is...

Drinking may harm whoever is on the other end of your fist.

When I was in UK, I saw a scary fist fight, a result of the piss of course. Four complete strangers going at it in the middle of the road. Shocking but strangely fascinating to watch.

mutters said...

Fine, Morgy - you eat yourself to the size of a house all y'like. I'll defend that right too, but don't dare complain if your receive a waft of my smoke then. And fuckin stop whinin on and on and on and on about how bad smokes are for me while you sprawl like a tub of lard on the couch. Y'know, they have to make bigger ambulance now to accommodate the obese. And helicopters too.

Enjoy your cakes and buns - I'm goin for a smoke!