Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Well, I've been looking and looking for a new home; I may have found one (the one below) but Jeez, things better start moving soon as I have this wad of money that's burning a hole in my pocket.

And the bikes are calling like a siren! This could be the one! A stroker no less. Grab it by the throat and wring the neck of it - spin it up sideways, wheel in the air - woohoo!!!





Or this:



0-60mph in a tad over 2 seconds; top speed somewhere around 200mph. A triumph in motorcycle engineering - the mighty Fireblade.



Which, it has to be said, elicits a similar response in yours truly as the perfect Kate! Growl!

3 comments:

Jayne :) said...

BIG toys for big boys huh?

So where's this new home or am I blind too? lol

mutters said...

I long, I yearn, I crave one of these! And I have the money (which is why I better find a home soon before I spend it hoho).

mutters said...

I have tried to think of a way to describe adequately the feeling of being on one of these while flat out.
Someone once said that riding a motorbike is the closest thing to flying without leaving the ground. That's a very apt remark - it truly is!
Fundamentally, one banks left in a plane to turn left and the same applies to the bikes. And the sheer power of this machine sees the rider constantly fighting to keep the front wheel in contact with the ground (like going up in a plane).
Shifting body position, working brakes, clutch, gears...all simultaneously. It's a trip, Jayney - and one that leaves the 'pilot' on cloud nine for hours after. It's like a drug (which in fact, it almost is - arenaline, which veritably COURSES through one's body).
Truly, it's a tough choice between the delicious Kate and the mighty Fireblade. (Just as well I'll never have to make such a choice hoho).