Total Pageviews

Monday, May 26, 2008

FUNNY STORY # 2

...So I'm out with the Boys on our nightly walk. It's around 3AM. We're about ten minutes from home on the return journey when up ahead, about 100 yards away, I see a fox dart across the road. It stops in the middle, sees us, and bolts for the safety of the bush.
The Boys at this point haven't noticed as they're busy sniffin' away at somethin' else.

I pause to give the fox a head start, secretly hoping the Boys won't see it. But alas, about 50 yards further on, Scoob picks up the scent (I swear he's got a nose like a bloodhound...).

A couple of circles to lock in the direction, and off he goes, straight into the bush after the fox, with Mutley in close pursuit. Bugger! (I know what's comin' y'see).

Sure enough, about 2-3 minutes later, they start to bark - which slowly escalates into this high pitched...yelping almost, like they've cornered the fox in his hole yet can't get to him.

Nightmare. It gets worse. Their frantic barking alerts a neighbourhood dog which also starts to woof woof. Which starts another...and another...and another, and soon there are about 10 dogs all over the estate goin' off. All with their own individual barks. A real cacophony of yips and woofs and yaps. From every direction.

Remember, it's 3AM and people are asleep.

So I do what any self-respecting shirker of responsibility would do. Bugger off home and leave them to it!

The Boys surfaced about three hours later...

2 comments:

KB said...

Aww, my girl ran off tonight. I could hear her barking, it was 12.00am. I had to go out in my pyjamas and slippers to bring her home. All the neighbours outside lights had come on. She was barking at a hedgehog.

mutters said...

I'm hopin, actually, it wasn't the same fox they got a hold off a few days ago. The pair of them had it on its back. It wasn't happy.

Another creature who now knows there's a new sheriff in town (and his deputy).

Haven't seen a bastard cat since. Heh heh. Thataboy Scoob!