Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I LOVE IT WHEN I'M PROVED RIGHT

Somewhere in these hallowed epages there's a post entitled "Anatomy of a Heart Attack", in which I describe exactly how one occurs. Basically the artery wall collects more and more "impurities" until the blood, thick and slow moving from years of inactivity, can't pass through the reduced diameter at the increased velocity that comes with physical exertion (and why doctors prescribe apsirin - it thins the blood).

Today on the radio, a doctor was a guest in a segment explaining how the risks of clogged arteries and bad diet (coupled with lack of exercise) leads to a heart attack.

He described virtually word for word what is in the post re: restricted arteries on account of fats (cholesterol).

I also include the only way to avert such an effect (the lifting of one's fat arse off one's sofa).

I'm tellin' ye. You want to know how it is...? Come here. My finger's right on the pulse (no pun intended).

Yours in smug satisfaction,

Muttars.

2 comments:

KB said...

Very nice fingers too, Dr Muttars!

mutters said...

Yet another of my talented appendages...