Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 31, 2007

CONSULT YOUR...

I find this highly amusing.

I first heard this term on the radio - could have been television, it's been going a while. Then I read it today.

Todays variation was 'your broker'. In an article by someone. He spoke of 'your broker' like it was a consistent in the reader's life. Like we all had these people just loitering ready to respond immediately to our every whim. And with the obnoxious addition of sounding like a wanker as you excuse yourself from company to talk to 'your lifestyle attendant' or some other such nonsense.

Your doctor, another.

Your financial advisor (not hard to do without one of those when you've f**k all money pardon my French!)

Your medical professional. (I wonder could this mean a cleaner who WORKS in a hospital?)

It's a bit like 'your pilot, your chauffeur, your cook.

...your sausage turner, your tongs holder...

My question is - who has such a thing. A 'your professional' as if he's on retainer, just sitting around waiting to do the master's bidding.

I went to A dentist the other day. Unfortunately for me, I had to suit HIS time. Because he's not MY dentist. I did call him and demand he race round to me. He declined. Fifteen calls and a restraining order later, I decided I didn't have a 'your professional'.

Your doctor, your baker, your candlestick maker...

I did have a 'coffee shop girl' for a while, does that count?

7 comments:

morgetron said...

I have a royal taster and a shoe-tier.

I also have a dog-petter. Dog-petting is so overrated. Who has time for that anyway?

mutters said...

Rich people have brokers/doctors/etc.
Retainers cost money as do advisors. The teory is they'll make more than they cost but again...capital is required.
-----------------------------------

Royal taster? Should I start callin ye ma'am? :)

morgetron said...

Your highness will suffice.

mutters said...

Ok - and you may call me - my Lord!

(The 'and master' bit can wait)

Hoho - I like that.

morgetron said...

I just shot water through my nose, My Lord.

mutters said...

Not sure I want to know what you were at to cause THAT! lol

morgetron said...

It was your fault with the "'And Master' bit can wait" comment. I was drinking some water as I read it. Luckily I had the brains (see previous comment in previous post for further details) to turn my head away from my comp in time.