Total Pageviews

Monday, May 21, 2007

I heard this snippet on the radio today.

It concerned the installation of a new kitchen in Parliament (or some such governmental building - it's not important other than being government)

At a cost of approximately 66 thousand dollars - for which I'm (speaking for 'we') paying. So?...So what? I hear you say, 'the government, any government, has been living it up off our backs forever. We know that', they say with a most disturbingly defeatist attitude. Perhaps so, I see no other way but to agree.

But in the case of this installation of a shiny new kitchen for the trough-hoggers, there's a 'double-whammy' in effect here. It transpires that some of the items making up the kitchen were the wrong size - a too large fridge was mentioned. A minister, under questioning replied that there was 'a communication problem'. (Here's where the soundbite ended).

I'm left thinking - is that it? Some twat screwed up, it cost me (us) more than we had already paid, and apparently, the minister said oops and we moved on.

Hang on! Just a second. Why should I pay for his mistake (and furthermore, how many of these 'mistakes litter the halls of power and at what cost?). I have to pay for MY mistakes. I'm sick and tired of incompetents consistently failing in their duties (while lining their pockets) and walking away scot free.

Identify this twat who caused the error, make HIM pay out of HIS pocket, and sack the dickhead!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe Mutters say it like you mean it boyo!!!!!!! That is what I like about you. I like a straight shooter.

Anonymous said...

you inspired me to get my own blog lol, gotta figure out what to do with it though. Here is the addy should you chose to see it.
http://rebicmel.blogspot.com

mutters said...

Better believe it mate! Like it says, "I couldnt't give a toss!"

I'll pop in later, Missy - give ye a leg up.
Do call again. :)