Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 20, 2007

I've just watched the 125cc Grand Prix race from Le Mans in France, 250's next then the mighty motoGP machines (that aren't actually as mighty as they once were, though faster, 800cc down from 1000. The powers that be citing safety as the motivator; which is funny really as the 800 machines have broken the lap record set by the 1000's at virtually every circuit so far).
But, y'know, the big boys do love their rules.

Anyway, the point of this post was to mention the third place getter in the 125's. A young fellow by the name of Bradley Smith from England. And what was so remarkable about the young lad was just HOW young he looked. He's apparently 16 years old, but upon seeing him in the interviews (top 3) he actually looks somewhere around 12, a fact attested to by the presenter of the show, David Murdoch. He, as I, also alluded to it behind a chuckle.

Good God, I feel ancient!

5 comments:

CrystalDawn said...

Hello Mutters! What can the lady say except, "That poor poor dog!" Does clumsiness run in the family? I mean, your little climbing escapade did leave you in a rather precarious situation! I thought perhaps it was just in the DNA...

~I think I'm lost~

CrystalDawn said...

Perhaps by now you've taken notice that the comment above should have been posted in the comments thread below. Oh, bother! I shall credit this misfortune to Sybil, she just adores the accolades...

mutters said...

DOH!!

CrystalDawn said...

Freedom of speech Mutters? DOH!! DOH!! DOH! I rather like the sound of it. One smack of the tongue against the backside of my upper teeth and it's out there! Truly a literary art.

~DOH!!~

Is Helium down? I can't seem to gain access to the community. Do you think I've been locked out?

mutters said...

don't think so. I'm in.