Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 20, 2007

A visiting food author from America has been slammed by dieticians who say her advice flys in the face of contemporary health guidlines (and we know what a success THEY'VE been!)

The author, Sally Fallon, basically advises eating all the foods that kept our previous generations healthy such as beef, butter (full fat dairy), full milk, eggs, cream etc. All the things that made Johnny from the 60's grow into a healthy strong man.

The dieticians responded by first almost having kittens (cause they're worried about peoples' health or the loss of the multi-billion dollar diet franchise that sucks so many low-esteemed people in, they're not saying), then resorting to abuse of Ms Fallon.

I eat what Ms Fallon suggests - not because she suggests it (I've been eating the same thing since I was a boy), but because it's tasty - and whether the diet freaks want to admit it or not, it's full of vitamins, nutrients and essential goodness. But here's the thing. If I was to eat steaks for example 4 times a day, every day of the week, of course it wouldn't be the best thing for me.
As in everything, it's moderation that counts; a BALANCED diet, means items from all food groups, not just the socially acceptable 'green' foods.

At the end of the day, diets are useless unless combined with exercise - ie, get your fat, lazy arse of the sofa and move...anywhere, just activate.

Simple equation:

Calories in --calories out. The former number, if kept lower than the latter will see ANYONE, guaranteed, lose weight. And as sitting on the sofa burns, what, about 100 calories an hour, and a sticky bun adds about a thousand, the simple answer is - in order to eat what you want, in fact, anything you MUST exercise.

2 comments:

CrystalDawn said...

I'm famished! I'll take (4) steaks, (4) of those sticky buns and (4) hours for (four) consecutive days on that sofa! There you have it, I've been forthcoming. I'm intrigued as to what your foresight is with regard to the status of my health. For my sake, do be forthright!

~for gOD's sake Sybil~

mutters said...

As long as you walk for (4) days after, you'll be okay. lol