Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Oh! Hang on ladies, grab the tongs and retrieve your bras from the furnace, for another report has entered the fray.

This one concerns that most common of jousts between the sexes - map reading. It turns out men, despite the standing joke of them NEVER asking for directions so convinced they are of their current position (even if they're lost), actually CAN read maps better than women.

Men are at the top of the list of those tested, women at the bottom, I'm afraid and in between are all the variations of same. I.e. gay men, gay women and bisexuals. No mention of trannies, crossdressers etc (presumably cause it's considered they're already...confused and mapreading might be just too much for their already disturbed minds lol).

So, where to from here then? From my perspective, I have worked as a courier often and can read maps/street directories with ease - while driving, drinking coffee AND rolling a cigarette but then I'm Captain Fantastic so...y'know...

I'm sure there must be SOME women out there can do so as well. I don't actually know any but they MUST be somewhere, right? No?

11 comments:

morgetron said...

Do you roll your own? Dang! You ARE a bad-ass.

I'm glad to see you're acknowledging that there may be women with map-reading skills equal to your own. That's a step in the right direction Mutt.

I used to work at a place where people reported digging. (I know. Weird job.) But anyway -- we had to deal with maps ALL THE TIME from all over the state of Nebraska.

I also used to be a flower delivery girl and that definitely involved major map-reading. The way my city is set up though is very user-friendly, with or without a map.

Didja get my email?

mutters said...

Not only that, your Majesty, I can do it one handed.

*Cluck,wink*

So you're one of them then? Wow, beauty and brains - got it all, eh Morgy?

Didn't get any email from you - just the post reply notification. I was so lookin forward to our illicit meet too. LOL

mutters said...

Ye-e-e-s, yes I can...doin it right now as a matterofact - while whippin up this; a regular whirlin dervish, me.

Hey Missy, Did it feel like a lonnnng holiday hoho?
And what comprises 'and such'? Trips to supermarkets, corner stores etc?
And I bet y'could drive too! Heh heh.

There's a special room in here JUST for that very thing! Run by the post office - a kinda sponsorship thing!

Unknown said...

Don't forget about his snake charming heritage!

I can read a map. I take trips all over the United States by way of SUV and I have everything mapped out! I've never gotten lost either, well, never mind about those few times.

~boy that mapquest comes in handy~

morgetron said...

My Lord, I smell sarcasm ... Is that you?

Beauty? I don't know ... Thank you ...
Brains? I will agree with that wholeheartedly.

But you, My Lord, are smart, witty, and oh-so-very handsome in your shiny, non-mirrored sunglasses and beanie.

*That* was not sarcastic ... in case you were wondering.

morgetron said...

PS: I've heard transexuals are superior map-readers. Gotta give props to me peops.

Jayne :) said...

Who needs to read a map when you can just ask someone?

Besides, with these new GPS thingymajigs you just need to have good hearing and a sense of humour! LOL

mutters said...

Haha Ambre - that's right, my 'down a hole' experience. Raised by clowns, hoho.

The only problem with askin someone, Jayney is if that someone's like me! (See the 'playin a joke on lost strangers' post).

Well, Missy - I think that just about covers it lol. No mention of drinkin coffee though - you've a way to go yet :)
Sorta like - don't know where i'm going but I'll know when I get...hang on - what's the middle bit lol!

Don't want to spoil ye, Missy. A front on pic will arrive shortly. Have to be careful; bein that I've no mates I don't want to let people see me takin pics of myself - too sad lol.

Transexuals better map readers, Morgy? I wouldn't know as I've never met one so I'll defer to your experience in this matter.

I saw one once I think, in Oxford street in Sydney. A gay haven - don't worry, I was just driving through!

mutters said...

Just occurred to me Missy, why the hell would I want to whistle dixie?

Hoho...

mutters said...

Missy,

you can go anytime you like but you can never leave

Heh heh.

Think I've maybe misquoted so that'll save me gettin sued. :)

mutters said...

Whistlin in an accent - now THERE is an ability I don't possess. :)