Total Pageviews

Monday, May 21, 2007

The oceans' king of creatures is being hunted again. By the Japs. In the Great Southern Ocean, an Australian territory.
Greenpeace and co are screaming for the government to do something and, to be fair to it, it has responded well. The government says it's going to dispatch Navy patrol boats with the power to board any offending vessels, in an attempt to stop this slaughter.
The Japs say it's for scientific purposes but that's just a ruse; a ruse that we all KNOW is a ruse. They do it for money (what else?)

However, Malcolm Turnbull has come out saying that if they do intervene, they will bring on the wrath of the Japenese. I at first thought it was just Turnbull turning tail and running, demostrating how weak Australia has become as a nation, so dependent it is on America for defense.
But then it struck me - what Turnbull alludes to is the financial ramifications of upsetting the Japs.

I don't know what sickens me more - spinelessness in the face of potential agression, or the sacrifice of these majestic creatures to help add to the ecomony's coffers.

Give me a patrol boat and I'll ensure the wee bastards don't kill any more whales!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't Whale hunting banned? Give me a petition I will sign it. My son loves those huge mammels, especially the blue whale. They are awesome!

mutters said...

Like everything else, the ban only lasts until the numbers increase. They are truly magnificent animals and to see them pulled, tail first up the ramp of a whaler, the water stained red with their blood, angers me.