Total Pageviews

Friday, May 18, 2007

Yesterday, there was reported another example of man's best friend doing what they do. The man in question was lying in his house unconcious while a fire burned around him. The dog (interestingly, one of the much maligned breed that carriers the brunt of accusation with regard to attacks on humans), was outside and raised the alarm by running frantically between the yard fence and the door of the house, behind which lay the man (in mortal danger as it happens).

The firemen arrived to find the dog almost hysterical and on forcing open the door, found the man in a burning room. They rescued him and it all ended well. (Well, except for the marijuana plants discovered by the police - oops!)

But once again, these wonderful animals have proven their devotion to their masters.

And still, often, we treat them like shit.

It maddens me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mutters and yet another side of you I discover. Animals are real loyal, more so than people and for most animals they don't turn on their masters.

Missy

mutters said...

Especially the humble, yet courageous doggie.

CrystalDawn said...

Would that breed be a Staffordshire Terrier Mutters? I have a Pit Bull. Never did I desire one due to all the horrific stories that the media so readily reports. My son brought him home under the guise of the breeds true name (just for the weekend) of course! One year and a few weekends later the gentle giant is the biggest LAP dog I've ever come across.

In fact, I also have a Yorkshire Terrier, which by the way rules the domain. When company arrives the Yorkie sounds the trumpet and the Pit Bull hides beneath the table. I just love him, my Pit Bull that is! The Yorkie drives me INSANE with all his verbal abuse! What a yapper!

mutters said...

Bigger I think. just can't recall the name. It'll come to me