Total Pageviews

Friday, June 15, 2007

STAGGERING

I saw this little piece in the paper yesterday. I've had to wait until now to write about it, such rage it inspired in me. Read on and you'll understand:

Three kangaroos were found dead this past Sunday on a beach at South Durras, near Batemans Bay on the NSW south coast.

But not just dead. These relatively harmless animals, which grace the nations coat of arms no less, were victims of a senseless attack of brutality.
One of them was decapitated; a second beaten to death with a club, and a third had its eyes gouged out before being left for dead.

I expect anyone with even a shred of decency can now understand my forementioned rage.

A small consolation is that there was a joey in the pouch of one of the trusting 'Roos that the scum didn't see. Christ only knows what act they'd have perpetrated on the little joey.

I'm at a loss as to what would drive a person to do such a thing. And my biggest fear is that it was kids, or young men at least whose upbringing must have been so lacking in moral fibre that they consider this acceptable.
The parents must take responsibility for this. What are you teaching your children that results in this behaviour?
This whole family should be locked up forever!

5 comments:

Patti Winters said...

That is awful. I hope they find the people who did it and treat them the same way. Truly awful.

mutters said...

Howya Patti, welcome to the muttars.com blog.

It goes way beyond awful, Patti - it virtually defies belief.

Truly heinous.

mutters said...

I despair sometimes, Missy, at man's level of abhorrence.

I've just seen a TV report on the eastern world's treatment of dogs and cats; they skin them for the fur and it showed heart rending images of man's best friend cowering in fear at times. Dogs like mine; friendly and brave, reduced to a commodity.

Look away if you're easily offended:

MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!

morgetron said...

My husband, as an animal control officer, runs into acts of cruelty on a daily basis. How he restrains himself, I know not.

One of the worst that he's shared (and he doesn't share them all because he knows it upsets me so much) was when two eight or nine-year-old boys were witnessed beating some ducks to death ... three I believe, one right after the other. Then they stayed to desecrate the bodies. In the meantime someone reported them, and their fascination with their morbid handiwork kept them there long enough to get caught by my husband and the officers.

The thing that bothered hubby the most was the remorselessness of the boys as he and some police officers confronted them. Hubby tried to get him to sympathize with the animals ... nothing. He asked why they did it. They didn't know.

Then the mothers showed up on the scene. One acted as though she had nothing to do with how her child acted. The other was in complete desparation ... What should she do? She had tried everything. I don't know how to handle him! HELP! She asked the officer if she could hit him when she got him home. The officer said that's what he'd do if it were his son. My husband bit his tongue.

mutters said...

Respect to your husband, Morgy. Wonder if 'tried everything' includes a good hiding?